Every summer, EMJMD Scholarships are awarded in Europe to young researchers who have made outstanding contributions to the field of molecular genetics. This year, the Scholarship Committee has decided to award two EMJMD scholarships to students from Cyprus and the United Kingdom. These scholarships aim to help these young scientists continue their research and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.
The EMJMD catalog may follow the majority of the three applications. All previous operations will be denied if you continue for more than three. So, take caution. Duration: The application of 60 (approximately equal to one year of a master’s), 90, or 120 ECTS (about two years) credits is known as an EMJMD. This capacity has a minimum 12-month lifespan and a maximum 24-month lifespan. If you find the right program, you can still apply for a one-year MS degree even if you have already earned a master’s degree.
Scholarship Amount: The EMJMD scholarship contributes to your travel and setup costs and consists of a monthly subsistence allowance for the duration of the study program. It covers your participation fees (including the training fees, library and laboratory costs, full insurance coverage, and any other mandatory fees associated with your participation in the Master’s).
Eligibility Criteria for EMJMD Scholarships in Europe:
16 years or more of education (Last semester/final year students who want to get their undergraduate degrees in June/July 2021 may apply to many programs; however, you must check the websites of specific programs and email the coordinators to confirm this.)
English language proficiency is required (some programs accept university-issued English Proficiency letters, but most require IELTS/TOEFL).
Take the IELTS or TOEFL by December at the latest to be safe. Most programs demand scores of 6.5 IELTS or 80 or 90 TOEFL, with some requiring additionally, some programs demand that no individual’s IELTS score fall below 6. (Or the equivalent of TOEFL).
Get a passport; you’ll need it when you apply as proof of identification. Most program applications are made available in October and are due in January, February, or even March (rarely). Each program has a different application procedure and deadlines.
Application Requirements for EMJMD Scholarships in Europe:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of motivation
- Official academic transcripts (bachelor’s degree and high school or equivalent)
- Completed application form
- Scanned copy of your passport or ID
- Proof of residence
- English proficiency test results
- You may also see if your program’s institute accepts tests in other languages. Launched is a new IELTS substitute called Duolingo English Test Proficiency. You can administer a test from home.
- IELTS scores of at least 6.5 are typically acceptable for all programs. There are no programs that demand the GRE.
- In the absence of an IELTS. You can submit a certificate of English language proficiency.
Key Points for Increasing Your Chance:
- A maximum of 2 or 3 applicants per program per nation are chosen for this award. This scholarship is extremely prestigious and highly competitive.
- According to online users’ experiences, it is only for guidance reasons.
- GPA is a crucial consideration for receiving an Erasmus scholarship. (If your GPA could be better, you can make the difference with the GRE, although none of the Erasmus programs need it.)
- Take the TOEFL/IELTS as soon as possible since it has some weight, and you will unintentionally lose points if you don’t have it. 95% of Master’s programs are offered in English. However, given that some schools provide one or more semesters in local languages and that only some programs need competency in other European languages, it is best to verify individual websites before applying to any program.
- Your prior educational and professional background and, if appropriate, any relevant experience.
- Understand the topics you are applying for (interviews can occasionally be technical and time-consuming; be ready for it).
- Experience in the same field as shown by internships, employment, or study.
- Your desire and capacity to learn from and collaborate with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds (explain this in more detail during the interview if you have participated in any projects, excursions, or occupations with foreigners).
- Your motivation letter is far more critical than you may realize; it can make or break a contract regardless of your CGPA, etc. I uploaded several examples to the group (use the search button). Google excellent SOP/Motivation letter writing as well.
- Recommendation letters it has to be something genuine or authentic. Avoid writing a broad one.
- Your extracurricular and curricular pursuits
- Your purpose for studying in the field you applied to, as shown by a motivation letter, an interview, and participation in electives, internships, etc.)
How to Apply for EMJMD Scholarships in Europe:
Find the Program You Want: For additional details on the courses and application processes, browse the online EMJMD Catalogue (choose your Max 3 Programs here: https://www.eacea.ec.europa.eu/scholarships/emjmd-catalogue en) and get in touch with the consortium (coordinators’ contacts are listed on the websites of each program).
Each program has a webpage of its own. Discover it, explore it, identify the prerequisites, needed paperwork, and other requirements, and then apply them.
Application procedures are simple. (Each summer, a few new MS programs are added to the list of available MS programs, and some may also be dropped. Thus, you must frequently check the webpage mentioned above.)
The EMJMD Scholarships in Europe are an excellent opportunity for students to pursue higher education abroad. It offers numerous benefits, such as a full tuition fee waiver, a monthly allowance, and additional financial support for travel and other expenses. Moreover, it allows the students to obtain two internationally recognized degrees and build long-term relationships with academic partners from different European countries. In addition, the program allows for personal growth and professional development, which can help open many doors for career advancement.