The Excelsior Scholarship has been a game-changer for students in New York State. The program, launched in 2017, provides free tuition for eligible students attending public colleges and universities. With new updates being rolled out for the upcoming academic year of 2023, the scholarship is set to benefit even more students.
Starting in the fall of 2023, families with incomes up to $125,000 will be eligible for the Excelsior Scholarship. This is an increase from the current income cap of $110,000. Additionally, part-time students can now apply for the scholarship if they are enrolled in at least six credits per semester.
New York Governor Kathy Hochul announced these changes as part of her plan to make higher education more accessible and affordable for all New Yorkers.
Join our Whats App and Telegram communities to explore worldwide scholarships for international students. Connect with like-minded individuals and stay updated on life-changing opportunities!
|WhatsApp Community||🔗Click here to join 👈|
|Telegram Channel||🔗 Click here to join 👈|
Excelsior Scholarship 2023 Details:
- Opening Date: January 11, 2023
- Deadline: July 31, 2023
- Course Starts: 2023
- Category: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Masters and PhD
- Location: United States (US)
Award Notification and Acceptance:
The students will be notified when they complete their application form for the Excelsior Scholarship 2023. They will confirm through the mail whether you are eligible for the scholarship. If you are eligible, you will move to the next step, and they will confirm your award.
So this is all about the Excelsior Scholarship 2023. You have to follow the eligibility criteria when you apply for a scholarship. Ensure you apply before the last date to take advantage of the opportunity. Share the article with others so they can also apply for a significant scholarship.
The following requirements must be met by applicants for the Excelsior Scholarship:
- The students must be American citizens or have resided there for 12 months.
- The students must have been residing in New York City for a while now.
- The students must have earned their most recent degree from an American university.
- The candidate’s yearly income must be less than $125,000.
- Students must enrol in SUNY or CUNY universities for their undergraduate degree programmes.
- They must enrol in 12 classes for a year to earn their required 30 credits.
- After taking 30 credits, students who transfer to the university after some time can resume their degree programme and apply for financial aid.
- To qualify for a scholarship, students must submit a contract stating that they will complete their degree in New York.
- The scholarship is open to applicants who have already taken out loans.
Benefits of Excelsior Scholarship 2023:
Students who apply for the scholarship will gain access to things like:
- The students will receive up to $5,500 in scholarships.
- The students will pay the additional resident tuition fee by SUNY 6470 or CUNY 6330.
- The grants won’t be given directly to the students. The sum you have provided will be subtracted from your tuition fee total.
- The students will be awarded through the NYS tuition assistance programme or a federal Pell grant for the following academic year.
- The Excelsior scholarship will not be reimbursed through the tuition fee if there are any unpaid tuition costs.
Five-Year Undergraduate Programs:
The Excelsior scholarship will give you the money you need to finish your five-year degree programme if enrolled in one. Only after completing 30 credits in one academic year will the students be qualified for the scholarship.
The students will receive a two-year scholarship when enrolled in the associate degree programme. The undergraduate students will receive the scholarship for the full four years.
Before the deadline, students must submit their applications. The application must be submitted by July 31, 2023, as the last day.
How to apply For Excelsior Scholarship 2023?
Students interested in the scholarship must adhere to the instructions to complete their application forms.
- The scholarship will be given to the students for the full five years. They must access the official website using the link below to apply.
- You must first be eligible for the DREAM Act in New York. You can apply for the scholarship if you meet the requirements.
- Before the deadline, you must complete the application form and submit it.
- You must submit a new application to ensure your eligibility for the scholarship.
To apply, click on the link given below:
The Excelsior Scholarship 2023 is a highly beneficial opportunity for college-bound students in New York. It offers tuition-free education to thousands of students who would not have been able to attend college without it. Not only does this scholarship provide financial support, but it also makes college more accessible and attainable for low-income families. The Excelsior Scholarship will greatly benefit the state of New York and its citizens, allowing them to reach new heights of educational success.