Memorial University of Newfoundland Scholarships are available to students who wish to pursue higher education at the post-secondary level. Located in Newfoundland, Memorial University is dedicated to providing students with enriching educational opportunities and financial support.
Memorial offers a variety of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students, recognizing academic excellence, leadership potential, and community service. These scholarships can be used towards tuition fees, books, or other costs associated with university studies. Some may even provide a living allowance or travel expenses, depending on the award.
Students wishing to apply for any of these awards must complete an application form that includes detailed information about their academic achievements, extracurricular activities and financial need. Applications are submitted directly to Memorial University’s Financial Aid Office and reviewed by a committee of faculty members from across the university.
Details about Memorial University of Newfoundland Scholarships:
- The host nation is Canada
- Institutional Host: Memorial University
- Winter, fall, and spring intake sessions
- Programs: undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, diploma, and certificate programs.
About Memorial University of Newfoundland:
Founded in 1925, Memorial University is a public post-secondary institution with campuses in Newfoundland and the United Kingdom. Another name for it is Memorial University College. The only postsecondary institution in Newfoundland and Labrador is this one.
In addition, the Memorial University of Newfoundland was established in honor of the heroic service of the Newfoundlanders who lost their lives in the First World War and previous wars. Memorial University also attempts to bring together faculty and students from Canada and other nations.
Students have access to more than 450 presented and available online courses. Additionally, Memorial University has 19,000 students enrolled. Students from more than 115 different nations, both local and foreign, make up this population.
Memorial University of Newfoundland campuses:
There are five campuses of Memorial University of Newfoundland, which includes;
- pus, St. John’s, Newfoundland
- Harlow Campus, Harlow, United Kingdom
- Marine Institute, St. John’s, Newfoundland
- Signal Hill Campus, St. John’s, Newfoundland
- Grenfell Campus, Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Memorial University of Newfoundland faculties and schools:
The faculties and schools at the Memorial University of Newfoundland are listed below;
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- School of Music
- School of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- School of Human Kinetics and Recreation
Memorial University offers more than 100 degree programs to international and local students. These programs include certificates, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, diplomas, PhDs, and graduate diplomas.
Programs offered at the Memorial University of Newfoundland are given below.
- Ancient languages
- Applied mathematics
- Arts and Education
- Behavioral neuroscience
- Boreal ecosystems and agricultural sciences
- Bridge watch
- Business administration
- Civil engineering
- Cognitive and behavioral ecology
- Communication studies
- Communications Engineering
- Computational mathematics
- Computer engineering
- Computer science
- Creative writing
- Earth sciences
- Electrical engineering
- Food science
- French Studies
- Gender studies
- Health ethics
- Historical studies
- Human Kinetics and Recreation
- Indigenous Studies
- International business administration
- Law and Society
- Marine biology
- Marine diesel mechanics
- Marine environmental technology
- Maritime management
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanical engineering
- Medieval studies
- Nautical Science
- Naval architecture
- Occupational health and safety
- Ocean mapping
- Oil and gas engineering
- Physical Oceanography
- Police studies
- Political science
- Process Engineering
- Applied Ocean Technology (Ocean Mapping)
- Ocean and naval architectural engineering
- Business administration in social enterprise and entrepreneurship
Eligibility Criteria for Memorial University of Newfoundland Scholarships :
These conditions must be met to qualify for the Memorial University scholarship.
- Candidates must be qualified to pay the full international undergraduate tuition at the university and qualify for a scholarship.
- You must enroll in at least 9 credits every semester in your first academic year.
- Candidates from abroad must have a minimum of 31 transferable credits.
Application fee for Memorial University Graduate studies:
Below are the application processing costs for Canadian and overseas candidates.
- Applicants from Canada: $60
- Overseas candidates: $120
- $40 for a Master of Music (M.Mus).
The Memorial University of Newfoundland Scholarships is an excellent opportunity for students to achieve their educational goals. They provide various awards that can help alleviate some of the financial burdens of post-secondary education. Through this program, students can access resources that allow them to focus on their studies and excel in their chosen fields. By taking advantage of these scholarships, students can open doors of opportunity to enhance their academic pursuits and reach their full potential.