For this academic term of 2022 – 2023, there is some great news for students wanting to apply for University of Alberta scholarships 2022 !
The IELTS requirement has been removed from the application process. The University offers fully funded scholarships for both Masters and Ph.D. students in Canada. The University of Alberta is a most popular university, coming in at top 5 universities in Canada offering scholarships this year, with all nationality students eligible to apply.
For the University of Alberta Scholarship, you will be considered even without having to separately apply. You will be able to choose from a wide range of over 200 undergraduate programs, over 500 graduate one, about 250 specialization, and over 300 research areas. These are some of the most popular scholarships in the world, with the university coming in at top 150.
You may also apply for Concordia University Scholarships 2022 | Canada
The step by step application process for applying for the University of Alberta Scholarships 2022 will be shared in this post. Below are given detailed instructions and ample information to embark on this scholarship journey.
University of Alberta Scholarships 2022-23 | Details
- Country of Scholarship: Canada
- Name of University: Alberta University
- Level of Degree : Bachelors, Masters, PhD, Diploma
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline to Apply: 15th December 2022 (For most courses)
Some Information about the Scholarship at Alberta
- University of Alberta is one of the most popular Canadian Universities, falling in the country’s top 5
- English requirement (IELTS) has now been removed, so applications may be sent in without it
- The Scholarships offered by the University of Alberta are fully funded
Academic Fields Available for Grads and Undergrads
The University offers wide range of over 200 undergraduate programs, over 500 graduate one, about 250 specialization, and over 300 research areas, so you may choose whichever suits you best! Below are listed some available fields:
- Medicine & Dentistry
- Public Health
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Alberta School of Business
- Social Sciences
- Agricultural Life and Environmental Sciences
- Fine Arts and Humanities
- Native Studies
- Rehabilitation Medicine
University of Alberta Scholarship Benefits
Exemplary applicants get handed awards, prizes, and scholarships, and also receive funding from many sources including the Canadian Government as well as the Government of Alberta.
Below are listed some benefits of the scholarship:
- For undergrads and grads, there is an entrance scholarship, with automatic consideration
- Up to $ 9 K yearly scholarship available for international students
- Up to $ 6 K Gold Standard Scholarship
- Up to $ 5 K Yearly Doctoral Requirements Scholarship
- $ 17.5 K stipend for Master’s Entrance Scholarship, with an additional $ 10 K for international students to cover tuition fees
- Graduate Excellence Scholarship with a minimum award of $ 11 K and a maximum one of $ 15 K
University of Alberta Top and Most Popular Scholarships
- George and Marsha Ivany President’s First & Best Scholarships worth $ 40 K
- U of S Entrance Scholarships worth $ 24 K
- Chancellors’ Scholarship worth $ 30 K
- Edwards Undergraduate Scholarships worth $ 24 K
- College of Agriculture and Bio-resources Renewable Entrance Scholarships worth $ 12 K
- See Awards and Funding here
- See International Student’s Funding Information here
- Use Filter to see desired Alberta Scholarships here
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
- Canadian Citizens eligible
- International students eligible
- Late Applications not accepted
- Criteria is Dependent on selected course
English Language Proof (Not needed anymore)
The English Language requirements have been changed by the University, as now IELTS test is no longer needed; the student just needs to be seemingly proficient/ fluent in English.
Below are listed the required documents for applying for the University of Alberta Scholarships 2022:
- Degree (s)
- Reference Letter (s)
- Certificates (optional)
- Recommendation Letter (s)
- Proficiency in the English Language
- Motivation Letter/ Essay
Deadline to Apply
For each course, the deadline varies slightly but it is 15th December 2022 for most programs.
How to Apply?
Step by step instructions to apply for University of Alberta Scholarships 2022:
- Visit the site: https://www.ualberta.ca/index.html
- Search for your desired program by scrolling down.
- Click “Begin Application”
- Choose your desired program. You may see more information about it in the Graduate Programs page which displays all the offered programs and their entailing information
- See if you fulfill the Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Contact the Department.
- Complete your application process and start preparing for your first semester!
You should also apply for: