The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is dedicated to providing educational opportunities for students worldwide. Established in 2008, the foundation has already awarded over 1,000 scholarships and fellowships to deserving individuals. The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation enables students to pursue their academic dreams without financial worries through this program.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation works to open global doors of opportunity through education. Supported by generous donations from its founder, Dr Tadashi Honjo and other donors, the foundation offers scholarships ranging from undergraduate studies to doctoral programs at some of the most prestigious universities in the world. In addition, fellowships are available for research grants and field-study projects focusing on international cooperation and understanding.
Moreover, each scholarship or fellowship recipient is given access to a network of mentors made up of alums who can offer guidance throughout their academic journey.
- Organization: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2022
- University: Universities of Japan
- Department: Maximum
- Course Level: Master/PhD/Integrated Doctoral
- Award: Fully Funded
- Application Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The prize can be taken in Tokyo, JapanProgram Period: 1 to 5 years.
The following advantages are offered to scholarship recipients by the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation:
- For one or two years, pay 200,000 every month.
- 3 years at a monthly cost of 180,000.
- For four or five years, at a rate of 150,000.
- Travel costs for going to a global conference, etc.
Eligibility Criteria Honjo International Scholarship Foundation:
The following requirements must be met for interested students to be eligible to study in Japan for postgraduate study (Master’s or PhD) through the Honjo International Scholarships in Japan fully funded program;
- Candidates need to reside outside of Japan (All nationalities)
- For Master Degree applications, students must have a Bachelor/Undergraduate (16-year) degree or an equivalent.
- For the PhD Degree Applications, candidates must possess a Master’s degree (18 years) or an equivalent qualification.
- Masters candidates must be under 30, and PhD candidates must be under 35.
- Students must be actively applying for an academic course or enrolled in a graduate program in Japan.
- Although the highest grades, percentages, or CGPA are not required, they are encouraged.
- The student should be willing to serve as a future career plan in their place of origin.
- The student must be knowledgeable about international collaboration and benevolence, participate in foundation-organized events as an alum, and join the network.
- Every day, the learner must be able to converse in Japanese. Japanese would be the interview’s language.
Field of Study & University:
Under the Fully Funded Scholarship Honjo International Scholarships 2023, candidates may apply for any academic field of study at any Japanese university. There are no limitations on which academic disciplines or particular Honjo International Scholarship Foundation programs may be chosen. Students can apply to pursue their Master’s or Ph.D. degrees in any field based on their research preferences. The general major academic areas for international students who can apply for study abroad scholarships are listed below.
- Social Sciences
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Business and Commerce
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Awards?
Please follow the following important steps to avail Foreign Students Scholarship:
- From the university’s undergraduate program from which you graduated, AND 2) from any additional courses you are enrolled in or have taken in the past. The transcript from the primary school is required if you are a transfer student. Each applicant must submit at least one of the following: their undergraduate course transcript. It is okay to use photocopies.
- A resume, a personal information form (one set of three pages), and a scholarship application form; remember to include your photo on the application form. Download the forms listed above from the website. Fill them out in Japanese either by handwriting or typing.
Research strategy Describe in Japanese, concentrating on the following four points:
- An outline of your research.
- A predicted schedule up until graduation.
- Plans and goals for the future.
- Past research you have done (if any).
- Two and a half pages are ideal. It can be typed or written by hand.
- One letter of recommendation from a professor. (This private letter should discuss the applicant’s academic success, personality/character, and potential for the future.) Both the number of pages and the style are unrestricted. Ask your former academic advisor for a recommendation letter if they are familiar with you well.
- A letter of admission or a certificate of enrollment. Write down the scheduled date of the examination or the publication of the results at the bottom of the application form if the entrance examination has yet to be held or the successful candidates of the entrance examination have yet to be notified before you apply for this scholarship. Please submit a valid enrollment certificate if you have previously applied to graduate school. (Photocopies may be used.)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor. (This private letter should discuss the applicant’s academic success, personality/character, and potential for the future.) Both the number of pages and the style are unrestricted. You can ask your old academic advisor for your references if they are familiar with you well.
- Please prepare those documents in either Japanese or English for items 1 through 5. If you have documents in another language, include a translation in either English or Japanese.
- Once the required paperwork is received, an application number is assigned, and a PDF of your application form is produced. You will need the PDF file when the results are announced on our website, so please save it.
- Educational Documents (Transcripts or degrees)
- Research Proposal (Template for Research Proposal)
- Recommendation Letter (will be submitted by the recommender directly through email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Admission Letter or Letter of Acceptance (Please upload the certificate of enrollment only if the student is already enrolling in the graduate school)
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been a great source of support for international students all around the globe. The foundation provides financial assistance and other services, such as mentorship and guidance, to help international students succeed in their academic endeavors. With its wide range of programs, there is something to meet the needs of every student. Through its dedication to enabling international students to pursue their dreams, it has profoundly impacted the lives of many young people around the world.
Also Apply: Finland Government Scholarships (Fully Funded)