Getting scholarships in UK is an excellent opportunity for students to pursue their dream education without worrying about the financial burden. The UK government, universities, and private organizations offer scholarships to international students annually. These scholarships are designed to assist deserving students from various backgrounds who wish to study in the UK.
The eligibility criteria for scholarships vary depending on the program and institution. Some scholarships are based on merit, while others are need-based. Many of these scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and travel costs; some even provide a monthly stipend for living expenses. Applying for these scholarships requires carefully following instructions provided by institutions or awarding bodies and submitting all the necessary documents within stipulated deadlines.
Aspiring applicants must research all available options before applying for any scholarship programs, as they can greatly impact their educational journey in the UK.
Overview of Top Fully Funded Scholarships in UK:
- Scholarship Country: UK
- No. of Scholarships: 3,210
- Degree Level: Bachelor, Master, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
British Scholarships for International Students:
The Chevening Scholarship is an initiative of the UK government that awards financial aid to bright and talented students worldwide. The scholarship program aims to provide opportunities for outstanding individuals to pursue a postgraduate degree in any university in the United Kingdom. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel, and other academic-related expenses.
Since its inception in 1983, over 50,000 scholars have been awarded Chevening Scholarships. These scholars have become leaders in their respective fields and contributed immensely to their home countries development. The program is highly competitive, with over 60,000 applications received each year from around the globe.
Chevening Scholarship Benefits:
- Tuition Fees
- Monthly Stipend
- Travel Costs to and from the UK
- An Arrival Allowance
- The cost of the Visa Application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- A Homeward Departure Allowance
Commonwealth Scholarship Uk:
The Commonwealth Scholarship UK is a prestigious opportunity for students from Commonwealth countries to pursue their postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom. Established in 1959, the scholarship program promotes cultural and educational exchange between member countries. It provides funding for individuals who have exceptional academic records and leadership potential.
Every year, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) selects scholars based on their academic achievements, professional goals, and the relevance of their proposed study program. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation expenses, travel costs, and a monthly allowance that enables scholars to focus solely on their studies without worrying about financial constraints. Moreover, it offers an excellent platform for individuals to network with other scholars from diverse backgrounds and gain exposure to different cultures.
In addition to providing financial support during their studies in the UK, the CSC also supports alums of the program by offering opportunities for continued professional development through workshops and seminars.
- Airfare Tickets
- Living allowance £1,084 to £1,330 per month
- Warm clothing allowance
- Thesis grant
- Study travel grant
Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is among the world’s most prestigious and competitive academic awards. Established in 2000 with a generous donation from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, these scholarships provide full funding for exceptional students to pursue postgraduate degrees at the University of Cambridge.
Each year, approximately 80 scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from all over the globe. The selection process is rigorous and highly competitive, with only about 4% of candidates receiving an award. The scholarship is open to students from any discipline, but applicants must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to improving society.
Winning a Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides financial support for postgraduate study at one of the world’s leading universities and offers opportunities for personal growth and development.
Gates Scholarship Benefits:
- University Composition Fee
- A Maintenance Allowance of £17,500 for 12 months
- Airfare Ticket
- Inbound Visa Costs
- Academic Development Funding: £500 – £2000
- Family Allowance: Up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child
- Maternity/Paternity Funding
- Hardship Funding
Eligible Countries for Rhodes Scholarship:
- UNITED STATES (32 Scholarships)
- CANADA (11 Scholarships)
SOUTHERN AFRICA (10 Scholarships)
- Covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and Eswatini
- AUSTRALIA (9 Scholarships)
- INDIA (5 Scholarships)
- CHINA (4 Scholarships)
- NEW ZEALAND (3 Scholarships)
- SAUDI ARABIA (Up to 2 Scholarships)
- GERMANY (2 Scholarships)
- ISRAEL (2 Scholarships)
- KENYA (2 Scholarships)
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON, AND PALESTINE (2 Scholarships)
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (2 Scholarships)
- ZAMBIA (2 Scholarships)
- ZIMBABWE (2 Scholarships)
- JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN (2 Scholarships)
- MALAYSIA (1 Scholarship)
- PAKISTAN (1 Scholarship)
- SINGAPORE (1 Scholarship)
- HONG KONG (1 Scholarship)
- BERMUDA (1 Scholarship)
- WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES (1 Scholarship)
- EAST AFRICA COUNTRIES (1 Scholarship)
- Tuition Fees
- University application Fee
- Living stipend up to £15,144
- One Economy class airfare ticket
Without IELTS UK Universities:
Universities in the UK offering admission without IELTS and TOEFL are listed below:
- The University of Bolton.Portsmouth University.
- Birmingham City University.
- The University of Basel.
- Swansea University.
- The University of Geneva.
- London Southbank University.
- The University of Bolton.
- The University of Northampton.
- The University of Northampton.
- Sheffield Hallam University.
- Riga Technical University.
- The University of Warwick.
- London Southbank University.
- Robert Gordon University.
- The University of Bristol.
- The University of Plymouth.
- Aston University, Birmingham.
- The University of Central Lancashire.
- The University of Greenwich.
- Northumbria University.
- Audencia Nantes School of Management.
How to apply for Scholarships in UK?
Applying for scholarships can be daunting, but you can increase your chances of success with the right approach and resources. If you’re looking to apply for scholarships in the UK in 2023, there are several steps you can take to make the process easier.
Firstly, it’s important to research the different types of scholarships available and determine which ones best match your interests and qualifications. You should also check the eligibility requirements and application deadlines for each scholarship. Additionally, gather all necessary documents, such as transcripts, essays, or letters of recommendation, well in advance.
Next, it’s crucial to tailor your applications specific to each scholarship program you apply for. This means carefully reading application instructions and ensuring all required materials are included. Finally, be persistent yet patient throughout the application process – it may take time to hear back from scholarship committees, but don’t give up hope!
Scholarships in the UK offer a fantastic way for students to pursue their dreams and reach their educational goals. They provide financial support, allowing students to focus on studying and developing skills to benefit their future career prospects. Many universities and organizations offer various types of scholarships, so there is something suitable for everyone. Researching thoroughly and applying early to increase your chances of receiving one is important.
Read also more: Non-European Students Scholarships 2023